TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937, Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people. As a company, Toyota Motor Europe focuses on sustainability and future generations and strongly promotes diversity, inclusion and gender equality. We are highly interested in receiving the applications from professionals of all backgrounds and genders looking to build their career in either scientific, engineering or corporate positions.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
• You have completed or are in your last year of Master studies in business, marketing or automotive
• You have a strong personal interest in the automotive business
• Proactive and willing to be a reliable team player in a multicultural environment
• Fluent in English, additional languages are an asset
• Strong analytical with high sense of accuracy and communication skills, ability to visualize your findings
• Very good knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word)
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
• wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
• seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
• have strong planning and organizing skills
• enjoy working in a team, respecting others
• have excellent communication skills
• customer mindset
The Product & Marketing Management Division develops the strategy and leads the planning of new Toyota models with the target to deliver the best product for European markets while ensuring achievement of our business objectives. We are handling product planning (volume, specification, pricing), marketing strategy (sales & marketing strategy development & implementation across our markets, launch management) and lifecycle management. Our Department, Cross-Carline, is responsible for creating a consistent strategy across Toyota models. You will mainly be involved in safety (ADAS) strategy planning and sustainable roadmap planning.
Your main activities and responsibilities will lie in supporting the team in their projects and daily tasks.
You will have the chance to learn and understand the core job in product planning, understand key Toyota values and business approach and build your network within Toyota Motor Europe organisation.
As part of your daily tasks you will support in:
• Market & sales data analysis,
• Competitive benchmarking,
• Analytical support to the team (research, data queries),
• Creation of presentation materials and business cases.
Place of employment : Toyota Motor Europe - Brussels
Starting date: July or September 2021
Duration: 6 months
Confidentiality: Due to business requirement, not all performed projects can be reflected in the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate/school in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship.
We can only accept students with an EEA or Swiss citizenship (not requiring a work permit or visa to be eligible to perform an internship in Belgium)