TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937, Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people. As a company, Toyota Motor Europe focuses on sustainability and future generations and strongly promotes diversity, inclusion and gender equality. We are highly interested in receiving the applications from professionals of all backgrounds and genders looking to build their career in either scientific, engineering or corporate positions.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
- Student in final year study of Master degree of engineering, with focus on simulation and optimisation methodologies.
- Proficient with Matlab and Simulink.
- Engineering background on systems dynamics will be considered as a strong asset.
- Knowledge of vehicle and system dynamics simulation packages (Carmaker/Amesim/Simpack) and Python will be considered as assets.
- Fluent in English.
You have a “Toyota DNA”, this means you:
• Wish to develop and you are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets,
• Seek facts before making recommendations or decisions,
• Have strong planning and organization skills,
• Enjoy working in a team, respecting others,
• Enjoy a multicultural and international environment
• Have a creative mind,
• Have excellent communication skills.
Vehicle Performance Engineering – Model Based Development
The VPE-MBD team has the role of developing and deploying digital methods for vehicle development to the R&D organization; this includes simulation and virtual evaluation technologies for vehicle dynamics performance teams (handling, ride comfort, drivability, etc.), as well as research on more advanced performance indicators for objective target setting for the vehicle and its subsystems.
Technical development of component models for application to digital twin
Your mission will be to analyse and improve the mathematical model for a vehicle component, such as a bushing, for virtual evaluation. You will define a suitable model to represent the behaviour of the physical system, identify its parameters from actual measurements, and conduct sensitivity analyses at component and system level with TME-developed simulation environment to provide design directions to improve dynamics performances.
Place of employment: Belgium - Brussels (Zaventem) : Toyota Motor Europe, Technical Centre
Starting date: ASAP
Duration: 6 months
Confidentiality: Due to business requirement, not all performed projects can be reflected in the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate/school in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship.
We can only accept students with an EEA or Swiss citizenship (not requiring a work permit or visa to be eligible to perform an internship in Belgium)