TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937, Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people. As a company, Toyota Motor Europe focuses on sustainability and future generations and strongly promotes diversity, inclusion and gender equality. We are highly interested in receiving the applications from professionals of all backgrounds and genders looking to build their career in either scientific, engineering or corporate positions.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
• We expect a student in final year of master level in Engineering preferably with some orientation towards Computer Science and Software Engineering.
• You need to be well structured and organised to effectively develop a clear procedure.
• Computer literacy is a must, particularly Excel & Power Point
• Strong communication, negotiation and presentation skills
• You enjoy analytical & research tasks to find the facts
• You seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
• You are fluent in English, any other language will be considered as an asset
• You wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
• You have strong planning and organizing skills with a hands-on mentality.
• You are a flexible team player with a natural positive attitude and the desire to work respectfully with people in a multicultural environment
• You have a customer first mind-set.
Within the Quality Function of Toyota’s European Headquarter, the Project Quality team is responsible to audit & improve the overall quality level for European vehicle projects (from concept until Start of Production). As we are moving towards a Mobility Company, in addition to the vehicle projects, our scope is expanding to mobility and value-added (connected) services.
This internship project will be mainly focussing on:
• Continue benchmarking existing Mobility Services and vehicle Connected Services and identifying key quality indicators that should be used to judge the quality level and the readiness of a service to be launched to the market.
• Identify and propose evaluation items and patterns that should be introduced in order to audit the development readiness of a service.
• Develop a procedure for product release judgement, in alignment with all the related divisions in TME/TMC (Toyota Motor Corporation in Japan).
Place of employment: Toyota Motor Europe Head Office, Evere, Belgium.
Starting date: Early July 2021
Duration: 6 months
Confidentiality: Due to business requirement, not all performed projects can be reflected in the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate/school in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship.
We can only accept students with an EEA or Swiss citizenship (not requiring a work permit or visa to be eligible to perform an internship in Belgium)