TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937, Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people. As a company, Toyota Motor Europe focuses on sustainability and future generations and strongly promotes diversity, inclusion and gender equality. We are highly interested in receiving the applications from professionals of all backgrounds and genders looking to build their career in either scientific, engineering or corporate positions.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
• You are pursuing your master in information science or mechanical engineering.
• You are interested in cars and acoustics.
• You feel confident with scripting in Python and have a basic experience in machine learning methods in Python.
• Knowledge of Noise & vibration testing is a plus.
• You have a good English capability and you are eager to work in a multi-cultural environment.
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
• wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
• seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
• have strong planning and organizing skills
• enjoy working in a team, respecting others
• have excellent communication skills
• customer mindset
TME R&D centre is responsible for planning, development and production support of vehicles aimed at - and locally produced for - the European market.
The Vehicle Comfort team is part of the Vehicle Performance Engineering division (VPE) division and is responsible for the vehicle NVH (Noise, Vibration and harshness) according EU customer expectations. We aim at the development of attractive and „fun to drive“ cars matching European market requirements and customer expectations. Using state-of-the art experimental and numerical methods, we develop strategies to achieve the targets, and validate them on virtual and physical prototypes.
Title: “Interior Noise and Vibration Trend analysis”
A deep understanding of the customer expectation towards interior vehicle acoustics is key to continuously develop even better cars. With the increased share of hybrid and electric vehicles, customer expectations towards interior acoustics are expected to increase further. The more stringent mass requirement to the electrified vehicles create an additional challenge in the NVH development.
In this internship you will contribute to an improved understanding of the trends in NVH performance and acoustic package. More specifically:
- You will support the further improvement of an existing NVH benchmarking database, including implementation of additional KPIs for electrified vehicles.
- You will exploit the data from this NVH database into a deeper level. Using Python, you will analyse the trends in different noise and vibration performances and study the relations in-between these performances.
- By linking sensory data and customer feedback data to measured data using machine learning methods, you will create interior acoustics prediction models.
- You will study the possibility to link NVH performance data with component (acoustic package) benchmarking information and trends in acoustic package.
Place of employment: Toyota Motor Europe, Technical Centre, Hoge Wei 33, B-1930 Zaventem.
Starting date: June 2021
Duration: 6 months
Confidentiality: Due to business requirement, not all performed activities can be reflected in the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate/school in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship.
We can only accept students with an EEA or Swiss citizenship (not requiring a work permit or visa to be eligible to perform an internship in Belgium)