TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937, Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people. As a company, Toyota Motor Europe focuses on sustainability and future generations and strongly promotes diversity, inclusion and gender equality. We are highly interested in receiving the applications from professionals of all backgrounds and genders looking to build their career in either scientific, engineering or corporate positions.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
• You are fluent in English (TME business language)
• You are enrolled into a master in computer science (embedded software), electronics engineering, or automotive engineering
• You have a good understanding of software V-cycle (esp. V&V, validation process)
• You have (or you are willing to develop) a good understanding of validation process.
• You have already demonstrated programming skills in past projects (Python, C++, Matlab/Simulink…)
• Knowledge in requirement modelling is an asset (Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow, SysML / UML)
• Knowledge in LiDAR technology is an asset
• Knowledge of ADAS sensors technical design is an asset
• Knowledge in computer vision (OpenCV) and machine learning is an asset
• Knowledge in CAN communication and/or Vector tools (CANoe …) is an asset
• You have a strong interest in automotive and electronics systems.
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
• Wish to develop and you are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets.
• Seek facts before making recommendations or decisions.
• Have strong planning and organization skills
• Enjoy working in a team, respecting others.
• Have a creative mind.
• Have excellent communication skills
Within Electronics Engineering division, ADAS group is in charge of developing and evaluating the future ADAS functions (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems) focusing on our customer comfort and safety. Those systems, e.g. Toyota Safety Sense, are using sensors such as camera, radar, ultrasonic devices.
As intern, you will contribute to improve the efficiency of ADAS function evaluation on public roads by:
• Analysing current procedure of ADAS function evaluation
• Understanding LiDAR technology and potential contribution to ADAS evaluation
• Researching state of the art procedures and toolchains for ADAS evaluation based on LiDAR as reference sensor
• Identifying proposals for potential improvements
• Setting-up new procedure and toolchain with increased automation to establish ground truth for public road validation based on LiDAR data
Place of employment: Belgium - Brussels (Zaventem) : Toyota Motor Europe, Technical Centre
Starting date: April 2021 or later
Duration: 6 months
Confidentiality: Due to business requirement, not all performed projects can be reflected in the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate/school in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship.
We can only accept students with an EEA or Swiss citizenship (not requiring a work permit or visa to be eligible to perform an internship in Belgium)