TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937, Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people. As a company, Toyota Motor Europe focuses on sustainability and future generations and strongly promotes diversity, inclusion and gender equality. We are highly interested in receiving the applications from professionals of all backgrounds and genders looking to build their career in either scientific, engineering or corporate positions.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
• You are fluent in English (TME business language), any other language is an asset.
• You have good knowledge/experience of Microsoft office – especially Excel. Any additional IT knowledge is an asset.
• You are eager to self-study the Microsoft business intelligence package (e.g. Power BI, …)
• You do the internship as part of Bachelor or Master degree and feel attracted by this internship proposal.
• You are interested in the administration side and/or the Toyota production systems’ Quality standards development.
• You have good visualisation skills to structure operations, processes, responsibilities etc… in an easy and understandable way.
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
Quality Division, Manufacturing Quality and Audit Department is a dynamic team promoting the built-in-quality at our European manufacturing plants.
The team consists of engineers / specialists in training and auditing the manufacturing and quality departments of the plants.
1) Visualise and optimise the planning and follow-up for improvements on existing and new Quality Standards across Europe.
2) Develop a dashboard for automated reporting through self-study of Microsoft business intelligence software and benchmark of similar dashboard in other area’s (e.g. information systems).
Even though we have preference for Engineering background, we are not limiting this offer to a specific area of study. It could be any in engineering, office management, system administration, quality Management… Depending on the study field we can add a direction to your internship, some examples:
- Management student: rewrite some standards.
- Business administration: do the formatting and finalisation of the standards.
- … : propose in you motivation letter
Place of employment: Belgium - Brussels (Evere) : Toyota Motor Europe, Head Office, Avenue Du Bourget.
Starting date: Starting from mid-April 2020
Duration: 6 months
Confidentiality: Due to business requirement, not all performed projects can be reflected in the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate/school in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship. Interested in this internship, please apply online via www.toyotajobs.com.
We can only accept students with an EEA or Swiss citizenship (not requiring a work permit or visa to be eligible to perform an internship in Belgium)