TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937, Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people. As a company, Toyota Motor Europe focuses on sustainability and future generations and strongly promotes diversity, inclusion and gender equality. We are highly interested in receiving the applications from professionals of all backgrounds and genders looking to build their career in either scientific, engineering or corporate positions.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
• You have completed or are in your last year of Master studies in business administration, economics &/or marketing
• You have a personal strong interest in automotive business and mobility solutions available on the market
• Multicultural, proactive and willing to be a team player in an international environment
• Fluent in English
• Strong analytical & communication skills
• Result driven
• Well-organized, following the process and strict deadlines
• Very good knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word)
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
Akio Toyoda, CEO of Toyota, announced at CES in Las Vegas in January 2018 his ambition to transition Toyota to a mobility company offering ever better mobility to all. In January 2020, Toyota officially introduced the brand KINTO which will be shaping the mobility of tomorrow.
Therefore, the Mobility team works on establishing business models within KINTO beside the traditional car selling business. By designing, rethinking and working on new mobility products and services, our vision is to fulfil users, cities and corporate mobility needs in order to become the preferred mobility provider for all.
The team is building up several mobility solutions such as
• Mobility Services (Carsharing, Carpooling etc.)
• Autonomous driving applications
• Micro Mobility
Concretely, our daily business includes shaping our European mobility strategy, development of several Proof of Concepts, organizing workshops to align with our National Marketing and Sales Companies (NMSCs) and conducting market research on all related topics.
Please find some information on KINTO on the website: https://www.kinto-mobility.com/
As a Mobility Intern, you will support the team in daily activities and develop your network within key divisions (Connected Car, Sales & Marketing, legal, R&D) and our NMSCs.
You will report to one of our team members within the team of 13 members.
As part of the TOYOTA mobility ecosystem you will be working on:
• EU mobility trends
• Competitors benchmarking
• Our markets mobility portfolio and results
• Customers’ requirements, needs
Which will allow you to contribute in:
• Developing our mobility strategy
• Your active participation in development of use cases, where main one are: ride hailing and subscription: support value proposition identification, business case definition, building cost structure, defining key activities and key resources, best user journeys, market implementation, etc,
You will also be expected to:
• Create presentation materials for executive reports
• Structure our strategy & use case documentation
• Provide project management support on some individual projects
• Provide administrative support where necessary
After the internship you will have deep knowledge in the various areas of mobility and related automotive sectors. You might have the possibility to support the team on different occasions, within the HQ regions (EU, Russia, Turkey, Israel, …).
Place of internship: Toyota Motor Europe - Brussels (Evere)
Starting date: April-May 2020 and October-November 2020
Duration: 6 months only
Confidentiality: Due to business requirement, not all performed projects can be reflected in the internship report. This topic needs to be discussed with candidate/school in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship.
We can only accept students with an EEA or Swiss citizenship (not requiring a work permit or visa to be eligible to perform an internship in Belgium)