TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937, Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people. As a company, Toyota Motor Europe focuses on sustainability and future generations and strongly promotes diversity, inclusion and gender equality. We are highly interested in receiving the applications from professionals of all backgrounds and genders looking to build their career in either scientific, engineering or corporate positions.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
• Education: Bachelor or Masters Environmental Engineer / International Business / Strategic Business Management / CSR
• Interest in automotive industry, market research
• Interest or affinity with environmental issues is an asset
• Accurate in numbers and follow up of projects
• Mature personality able to liaise with all levels of the company
• High level of creative writing skills with experience in making presentations
• Computer skills: Excellent knowledge of MS office, creative software (eg illustrator, Photoshop) is a plus
• Fluent in English, any other European language is a plus.
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
• wish to develop and are ready to persevere to reach challenging targets
• seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
• have strong planning and organizing skills
• are a flexible team player with a natural positive attitude and the desire to work respectfully with people with a hands-on mentality
• have a customer first mindset.
Environmental Affairs and Corporate Citizenship is a small team of professionals involved in the promotion and coordination of Environmental and Social Contribution issues across the TME group of companies. With a wide range of tasks from legal compliance and formal environmental management systems to specific proactive projects, activities associated with industrial sustainability and social contribution projects there are many opportunities to contribute to global Toyota.
Your projects will be related to:
• Regional Awareness Raising and Education
• Social Contribution
Regional Awareness Raising and Education (examples):
1)Lead / support specific projects:
• Green Month 2020 (internal environmental awareness campaign)
• Develop content / stories for internal and external websites
• Support various internal / external presentation preparation including Employee Knowledge Sharing and annual reporting activities
• Toyota Global ECO Award activity
2) Support National Marketing and Sales Companies network meeting organisation and management
Social Contribution (examples):
1) Support development of new initiatives and follow up of ongoing social contribution activities, including monitoring and targeting, information sharing and awareness raising
• Biodiversity Education Project
• Green-wave activity
• Today for Tomorrow - Global 500 project applications for Europe and support for globally led projects
• Other Toyota Fund for Europe activity and reporting
• Local Community fund activity
Place of internship: Toyota Motor Europe - Brussels
Starting date: Starting from April 2020
Duration: 6 months
Confidentiality: Due to business requirement, not all performed projects can be reflected into the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate/school in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship. Interested in this internship, please apply online via www.toyota-europe.com/jobs
We can only accept students with an EEA or Swiss citizenship (not requiring a work permit or visa to be eligible to perform an internship in Belgium)