TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937, Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people. As a company, Toyota Motor Europe focuses on sustainability and future generations and strongly promotes diversity, inclusion and gender equality. We are highly interested in receiving the applications from professionals of all backgrounds and genders looking to build their career in either scientific, engineering or corporate positions.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
• You can readily grasp and break down activities into simple steps including critical factors for those steps (inputs, outputs, resources, contribution to goal)
• You are able to analyse and define a good classification for different objects in a database management approach.
• You collect information efficiently and validate that it is correct so that people can trust in your work.
• Creative, proactive, capable of acting independently.
• Final year Masters student preferred.
• Background of CAD/CAE tools like Catia, Delmia or similar.
• Basic knowhow of AR/VR technologies.
• Basic programming skills(C++, Python) is an asset.
• Presentable, polite, concise, analytical, and flexible.
• Languages: English.
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
The Production Engineering Innovation Team is responsible for identifying and developing emerging technology for application both in global Toyota and in our local manufacturing centers in Europe. Our activity is focused on Advanced Manufacturing Technology Research, IIOT, Digitalisation.
Through strong collaboration with different production engineering teams, identify opportunities to achieve leadtime reduction of new vehicle development cycle using digital manufacturing solutions like simulations, CAE, AR, VR.
Place of employment: Toyota Motor Europe, Zaventem Office (Belgium)
Starting date: July2020
Duration: 6 Months
Confidentiality: Due to business requirement, not all performed projects can be reflected in the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate/school in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship. Interested in this internship, please apply online via www.toyotajobs.com.
We can only accept students with an EEA or Swiss citizenship (not requiring a work permit or visa to be eligible to perform an internship in Belgium)