TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937, Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people. As a company, Toyota Motor Europe focuses on sustainability and future generations and strongly promotes diversity, inclusion and gender equality. We are highly interested in receiving the applications from professionals of all backgrounds and genders looking to build their career in either scientific, engineering or corporate positions.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
• You have successfully completed 2-3 years of science or engineering discipline (for example chemical or civil engineering, environmental engineering/science studies).
• Passion, motivation, organisation skills, timekeeping and perseverance to challenges would be beneficial.
• You must be fluent in both written & spoken English (fluency in one or more of the following languages would be advantageous - French, Polish, Czech, Turkish or Russian).
• You have excellent interpersonal skills and would like to experience daily work in multicultural team in one of the biggest automotive company.
• You are PC literate: MS Office, Outlook and/or SharePoint would be advantageous
• You hold a valid passport & a driving licence is desirable.
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
Plant & Environment Engineering is a team of environmental and Facility engineers and specialists responsible for co-ordinating and supporting Toyota environmental activities across our manufacturing plants in Europe. We drive group wide improvements in energy/water/waste efficiency and other usage of resources, as well as apply best practices to ensure legal compliance and minimize risk, in line with Company Environmental Policies and Mid-Long term Strategies.
In line with the Toyota concept of continuous improvement, each Toyota plant seeks to reduce its environmental footprint. Following Toyota global Zero CO2 Challenge, our company committed to fully decarbonize our production processes and reach ultimate level of zero impact to the environment by 2050.
Each Toyota Manufacturing Company uses natural gas combustion to provide necessary energy & satisfy temperature demands for many manufacturing related processes, like paint curing, heat treatment, but also abatement of hazardous air pollutants (e.g. VOC - Volatile Organic Compounds). These significantly contribute to direct CO2 emission. Following best available technology development, Toyota aim to reduce or completely eliminate this impact.
You will have unique opportunity to understand and learn industrial technologies and installation related with air emission abatement in automotive industry.
Your main goals of this study can be summarized as follows:
• Collecting and summarising technical, natural gas consumption & air emission data for VOC abatement equipment across all Toyota Manufacturing Companies in Europe,
• Excel data base development of the natural gas based abatement installations at Toyota,
• Support web based investigation for other opportunities to replace existing gas based technologies with Best Available Non-Gas Techniques,
• Support basic analysis of potential replacement for non-gas technology.
Place of employment: Toyota Technical Centre, Zaventem (with possible European travel)
Starting date: April 2020
Duration: 6 months
Confidentiality: Due to business requirement, not all performed projects can be reflected in the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate/school in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship. Interested in this internship, please apply online via www.toyotajobs.com.
We can only accept students with an EEA or Swiss citizenship (not requiring a work permit or visa to be eligible to perform an internship in Belgium)