TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
• You are a student from an engineering School
• Good knowledge and interest in automotive, powertrain systems and NVH (Noise Vibration Harshness)
• Good English language skills are a must
• Practical experience with internal combustion engines, NVH and TPA (Transfer Path Analysis) is an asset
• Open personality and able to work in an independent way with hands-on mentality
• Basic computer skills: Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint…
• Appreciated specific computer skills: B&K Connect, Siemens Simcenter Testlab, Matlab, Diadem, Access, Visual basic…
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
• Wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
• Seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
• Have strong planning and organizing skills
• Enjoy working in a team, respecting others
• Have excellent communication skills
• Customer mindset
Research and Development (R&D) in Europe is responsible for the planning, the development and the production of attractive, superior quality cars matching European market requirements. R&D aims to strengthen the Toyota image in Europe.
The Powertrain Evaluation department is responsible of the durability and functional evaluation of engine parts to be implemented on Toyota vehicles, in order to reduce fuel consumption, cost, and weight.
You will contribute to Toyota’s powertrain system R&D for the European market by supporting evaluation of gasoline engines. The project’s focus is to study possibilities to increase our test capabilities in Europe related to powertrain evaluation and noise and vibration measurements on engine. You will perform testing on test facilities in cooperation with technicians. You study possible improvements to enhance the output of our engine and Noise and Vibration testing. Your outcome will increase the number of future evaluation projects in Europe.
Place of employment: TME (Toyota Motor Europe) – R&D centre, Zaventem.
Starting date: July 2019
Duration: 6 Months
Confidentiality: Due to business requirement, not all performed projects can be reflected in the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate/school in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship. We can only accept students with an EEA or Swiss citizenship (not requiring a work permit or visa to be eligible to perform an internship in Belgium).