TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
Confidentiality: Due to business requirement, not all performed projects can be reflected into the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate/school in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship. Interested in this internship, please apply online via www.toyota-europe.com/jobs
To be successful in this role, you will have the following experience:
• Education: Bachelor or Masters Environmental Engineer / International Business / Strategic Business Management / Corporate Social Responsibility
• An interest in automotive industry and the market research
• An interest or an affinity with environmental issues would be an asset
• Analytical skills : accurate in numbers
• Follow up of projects
• Mature personality able to liaise with all levels of the company
• High level of creative writing skills with experience in making presentations
• IT skills: Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office, especially Excel
• Fluent in English
• Any other European language would be a plus.
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
• wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
• seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
• have strong planning and organising skills
• are a flexible team player with a natural positive attitude and the desire to work respectfully with people with a hands on mentality
• have a customer first mindset.
The Environmental Affairs and Corporate Citizenship is a small team of professionals involved in the promotion and coordination of Environmental and Social Contribution issues across the TME group of companies.
With a wide range of tasks from legal compliance and formal environmental management systems to specific proactive projects, activities associated with industrial sustainability and social contribution projects there are many opportunities to contribute to global Toyota.
As a member of the team, you will be responsible of two projects:
• The Regional Awareness Raising and Education
• The Social Contribution
A. Awareness Raising and Education
1. You will lead and support on specific projects as :
• The campaign : Green Month 2019
• Develop content and stories for internal and external websites
• Support various internal and external presentation preparation (including Employee Knowledge Sharing and annual reporting activities)
• Toyota Global ECO Award activity
2. You will be a support of the NMSC (National Marketing and Sales Companies) network meeting organisation and management (organisation of the event once a year)
B. Social Contribution
You will support the development of new initiatives and follow up of ongoing social contribution activities, including monitoring and targeting, information sharing and awareness raising.
• Biodiversity Education Project
• Green-wave activity
• Today for Tomorrow - Global 500 project applications for Europe and support for globally led projects
• Other Toyota Fund for Europe activity and reporting
• Local Community fund activity
Place of internship: Toyota Motor Europe - Brussels
Starting date: asap to be agreed together with the intern – university and TME
Duration: minimum 6 months - 12 preferable