TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
• You are fluent in English (TME business language)
• You are enrolled into a master in computer science (embedded software), electronics engineering or automotive engineering
• You have a good understanding of software V-cycle (esp. V&V, validation process)
• You have (or you are willing to develop) a good understanding of requirement management and validation process.
• You have already demonstrated programming skills in past projects (Python, C, …)
• You can demonstrate some proficiency in requirement modelling (Simulink, SysML / UML).
• You have a strong interest in automotive and electronics systems.
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
• Wish to develop and you are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets.
• Seek facts before making recommendations or decisions.
• Have strong planning and organization skills
• Enjoy working in a team, respecting others.
• Have a creative mind.
• Have excellent communication skills
Within Electronics Engineering division, ADAS group is in charge of developing and evaluating the future ADAS systems (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems) focusing on our customer comfort and safety. Those systems, eg. Toyota Safety Sense, are using sensors such as camera, radar, ultrasonic devices.
As intern, you will contribute to:
• Set-up new toolchain for requirement engineering and validation traceability based on PTC integrity
• Import into toolchain system requirement and test case from engineering team, while insuring 1-to-1 traceability.
• Develop tool/script to link back testing results into requirement engineering toolchain.
• Develop the necessary automation tool to facilitate tool-chain operation, from data management to KPI reporting
• Roll-out quality tools such as model verification and test case generation from model to improve team efficiency
Place of Internship:
• Belgium - Brussels (Zaventem) : Toyota Motor Europe, Technical Centre
• Starting date: end 2018 or early 2019
• End date: end of July 2019 (so duration +/- 6 to 8 months)