TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
• Bachelor / Master degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Business engineering or Mathematics
• Interest or experience with big data
• Automotive minded and knowledge of European market trends (sales volumes, market shares, competitors…)
• Expert in MS Excel. Excellent command of systems applications (Access, database management).
Knowledge in Visual Basic for applications and automation is a plus
• Strong analytical (manage complex set of parameters) and visualisation skills
• Highly developed ability to be critical with facts and figures – enjoy working with numbers and data
• Self starter attitude, taking initiative and not afraid of responsibility
• Result driven and able to break down complex tasks into manageable portions
• Ability to plan your work according to deadlines – able to work under strong pressure
• Creative, rigorous, challenging and persevering
• Innovative mind, with drive for continuous improvement
• A clear communicator able to present complex items in a simple way
• Sense of responsibility and confidentiality
• Mature business manners as well as strong interpersonal skills in order to build consensus, which allow you to move at ease within an international environment on all levels
• Fluent English is a must, other languages are assets.
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
• wish to develop and you are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets.
• seek facts before making recommendations or decisions.
• have strong planning and organization skills
• are a flexible team player with a natural positive attitude and the desire to work respectfully with people from different backgrounds and cultures
• have a customer first mindset
Being part of TME’s Operations Group, Business Intelligence (BI) operates in close collaboration with TME After Sales County Managetrs. BI’s key accountabilities are as follows:
Support TME’s business growth by performing benchmarking analysis, provide guidance on opportunities to increase the parts and accessory business and help actions prioritization.
BI drives utilisation of factual data within Operations and support decision making and implementation of actions based on such data.
Analysis tools and reporting solutions
BI supports the creation of reports, and ensure Kaizen is applied on content, format and definitions.
They also maintain and update business intelligence tools, databases, dashboards, systems, or methods and provide technical support for existing reports and tools, and identify country managers and After Sales reporting needs.
Daily tasks will include:
• sales and after sales performance analyses and benchmarking
• designing dashboards
• actively take part in the different tasks of BI
• pro-actively suggest and propose improvements or changes to existing tools, reports and processes.
• support governance process through preparation of necessary supporting documents
Place of employment: Toyota Motor Europe, HO Brussels, Belgium
Starting date: to be agreed with the student – university and Toyota
Duration: 6 months / preferably 12 months
Confidentiality: Due to business requirements, not all performed projects can be reflected in the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate/school in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship.