TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
• You are energetic, flexible and a good communicator.
• Strong knowledge of Excel and Powerpoint is essential
• Fluent in English: written and spoken, other European languages beneficial
• Education: final year of Master degree in Marketing, Business engineering
• Automotive minded and undersatnding of European market trends (sales volumes, market shares, competitors…)
• Good knowledge of data/reporting tools (Excel, PowerPoint)
• Strong analytical (manage complex set of parameters) and visualisation skills
• Good project management
• Highly developed ability to be critical with facts and figures – enjoy working with numbers and data
• Self starter attitude, taking initiative and not afraid of responsibility
• Open personality with an assertive but diplomatic approach
• Ability to plan your work according to deadlines – able to work under strong pressure
• Innovative mind, with drive for continuous improvement
• A clear communicator able to present complex items in a simple way
• Flexible team player with hands-on mentality
• Mature business manners as well as strong interpersonal skills in order to build consensus, which allows you to move at ease within an international environment on all levels
• Fluent English is a must, other languages are assets.
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
• wish to develop and you are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets.
• seek facts before making recommendations or decisions.
• have strong planning and organization skills
• enjoy working in a team, respecting others.
LCV BU is responsible for the Launch and Lifecycle Management of Toyota Light Commercial
Vehicles in Europe through the development and implementation of the European Sales &
Marketing strategy and the overall coordination of product marketing related activities with
National Marketing & Sales Companies (NMSC’s) and other related division.
Support the Light Commercial Vehicle Business Unit team with product marketing activities:
• Market & segment analysis of the LCV market with focus on 3 segments:
o Medium Duty Van segment where Toyota Proace competes
o Pick Up segment where Toyota Hilux competes
o Compact Duty Van segment
• Market analysis includes all EU28 countries & Eastern countries like Russia, Ukraine, Turkey, Israel, etc.
• You are involved in competitor’s performance analysis for the above segments and regions/countries.
• You participate in the preparation of sales & marketing strategy
• Build product information packs (Toyota new products versus competitors) to national distributors for launch preparation.
o Engine performance vs competitors
o Total Cost of Ownership indicators
o Cargo capacity and dimensions vs competitors
o Identify opportunities & weakness
• You support the preparation and coordination of launch (and follow-up) activities
o Providing local distributors market and competitors analysis findings
o Track NMSC’s LCV performance identifying risks and opportunities.
o Revise distributor’s grade strategy to identify risks and opportunities based on market trends and competitors performance.
• Support Pricing through competitors incentives research through internet
• You support the preparation of product experience activities with national distributors
o Support distributors national meetings with several assets
o Support Pan-European new product presentations
o Support Pan-European Sales & Marketing presentations for new products
Place of employment: Toyota Motor Europe, HO Brussels, Belgium
Starting date: to be agreed with the student – university and Toyota
Duration: 9 months / preferably 12 months
Confidentiality: Due to business requirements, not all performed projects can be reflected in the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate/school in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship.