TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
• Currently in pursuit of Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical- or Automotive Engineering
• Basic mechanical knowledge (stress & strain- & bolts calculations, material characteristics) for plastic & steel
• Client-focused, results-driven mind-set
• Ability to collaborate with others in an international environment
• Critical thinking skills
• Quality conscious mind-set
• Critical, well structured & accurate approach
• Good communication skills
• Proficient user of MS Office
• Proficient English skills
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
• wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
• seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
• have strong planning and organizing skills
• enjoy working in a team in a very multicultural environment, respecting others
• have excellent communication skills
The Exterior Plastics Development team is responsible for the development of exterior styling &
functional plastic accessories (spoilers, skirts, chrome garnishes, body mouldings, off-road parts etc).
In close cooperation with involved divisions and multiple global suppliers, the team ensures
accessories are developed according to Toyota’s strict quality requirements within schedule and cost
Fixation methods of exterior plastic parts can be grouped into 2 main categories :
a) Mechanical fasteners (snap-fit clips, jack-nuts, bolt- or screw fixations)
b) Pressure sensitive foam tapes ('Double Sided' tapes) where required combined with adhesion promotors
Your task will be to:
a) Make proposals for quality optimization and parts standardization
b) Investigate (including testing) and extending the DS-tape design guide for unpainted & grained surfaces
Reference to be made to all available expertise with Toyota Europe R&D and QA Divisions, as well as
to existing Toyota technical standards in this area.
Place of internship: Toyota Motor Europe head office (Brussels)
Starting date: to be agreed between the intern – university and TME
Duration: 6 months
Confidentiality: due to business requirements, not all aspects of the task can be reflected in the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship.