TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
• Bachelor or Master degree in Economics / Marketing
• Interest in automotive industry, market research, benchmarking
• Highly interested in innovation, new technologies, trends
• Technical background is an asset
• Business acumen and Customer First Focus
• Analytical skills (business case analysis)
• Accurate in numbers and follow up of projects
• Mature personality able to liaise with all levels of the company
• Highly motivated and strong perseverence
• Excellent communication skills in an assertive but diplomatic way
• Experience with making presentations and feeling at ease to present the results to sr. management
• Hands-on mentality
• Computer skills: excellent knowledge of Microsoft office, especially Excel
• Fluent in English, any other European language is a plus.
• Driver’s license
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
• wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
• seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
• have strong planning and organizing skills with a hands on mentality.
• are a flexible team player with a natural positive attitude and the desire to work respectfully with people in a multicultural environment
• have a customer first mind-set.
Our team: Accessory Planning & Product Management team
In the Accessory Planning team we are responsible of the planning of the accessory range for new coming Toyota and Lexus vehicles.
Our accessory range consist of styling, functional and multimedia accessories.
In this function we will co-ordinate with our markets and with several departments like vehicle product planning and marketing, engineering, purchasing and pricing in order to have the best possible and profitable line-up which will be confirmed by the Business Plan.
Accessory Product Management is continuously assessing and exceeding our customer expectations in a sustainable way by having the right product and price delivered timely throughout the vehicle life cycle steering the right MarCom (Marketing & Communications) and by such contributing to the profit of the value chain
1) Support the Accessory Planning team in the business planning of the optimal accessory range for our future Toyota and Lexus models.
In this function, you will support the team with competitor analysis, sales analysis, accessory line-up confirmation and global sourcing/selling in order to have the best possible accessory line-up.
Additionally, you will support the implementation of the Accessory Roadmap, a joint project with Accessory Product Management
2) Support the Accessory Product Management team
In this function, you will support a wide variety of cross functional commercial projects
Specifying market expectations and product requirements by conducting market research
Analysing potential partner relationships for the product.
Measure and track performance using defined KPIs and report out to management
Map or update processes linked to your activity to ensure consistency and sustainability
Place of internship: Toyota Motor Europe head office (Brussels)
Starting date: to be agreed between the intern – university and TME
Duration: min. 6 months, ideally 1 year
Confidentiality: due to business requirements, not all aspects of the task can be reflected in the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship