TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better,
that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic
principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality
and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction
• Student of technical higher education or Bachelor / Master studies in Engineering (mechanical, electrical, automotive…), IT or Business
• Interest in automotive sector is an asset
• Good fact finding and analysis skills in order to draw conclusions from the gathered data and information
• Good visualization skills to be able to structure operations, processes, responsibilities etc. in an easy to understand way
• Strong communication and negotiation aptitude in an assertive but diplomatic way in order to reach consensus and get buy-in
• Initiative to question the current situation and propose alternative options
• Knowledge of Visual Basic, Access, Excel. Additional IT knowledge is an asset
• Fluent in English, any additional language is an asset
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
• wish to develop and you are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets.
• seek facts before making recommendations or decisions.
• have strong planning and organization skills
• enjoy working in a team, respecting others.
Customer Vehicle Quality in TME is responsible for following and prioritising quality concerns on Toyota vehicles in Europe reported by the market. Based on the nature
of the concern Customer Vehicle Quality will engage with the relevant vehicle plant or R&D to ensure a solution for the vehicles in the market and mass production is
secured. Finally Customer Vehicle Quality will feedback accordingly to the market.
Customer quality is running a certain set of standard reports on regular basis to
monitor and visualise the progress of certain Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
These reports are run based on a standardised data download.
Your project will be to capture and document all requirements for all the different
reports while introducing new ideas and proposals from your side to improve
While doing this you will have the opportunity to learn more about Customer Quality
The end result should be a ready-to-use document for implementation by IT.
Place of employment: Toyota Motor Europe, HO Brussels, Belgium
Starting date: to be agreed with the student – university and Toyota but ideally September / October
Duration: 7 months
Confidentiality: Due to business requirement, not all performed projects can be reflected in the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate/school in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship.