TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
• University degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Specialization in Plastic processing technologies would be an asset.
• Good problem solving and analytical skills
• Team worker and open mind approach to a variety of cultures within Toyota.
• Strong communication skills.
• Basic knowledge of CAD software (Catia)
• Fluent in English
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
•wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
•seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
•have strong planning and organizing skills
•enjoy working in a team, respecting others
•have excellent communication skills
The Toyota’s European Production Engineering Division is responsible for the production preparation of new vehicles in Europe.
Simultaneous engineering for exterior and interior plastic parts of the vehicles
1) Participate to exterior and interior development with our experts (from design stage)
< Our main scope >
o Plastic part quality improvement (design, material, process, tooling),
o Interior plastic part sensory quality level-up (gloss, color, grain…),
o Light weight technology investigation,
o Plastic new technology investigation to improve quality, reduce weight and cost.
2) Create & maintain the standards (know-how database)
3) Problem solving in the production preparation stage and mass production
You’ll be part of our team to support new vehicle SE (= simultaneous engineering) and problem solving.
Starting date: Sept 2018
Duration: 9-12 months
Confidentiality: Due to business requirement, not all performed projects can be reflected in the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate/school in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship.