TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
• You can readily grasp and break down activities into simple steps including critical factors for those steps (inputs, outputs, resources, contribution to goal)
• You can consistently illustrate and visualize work steps and their contribution to their ultimate goal.
• You communicate and work effectively with other people and stakeholders with varying technical competencies and at different levels in the organization.
• You collect information efficiently and validate that it is correct so that people can trust in your work.
• Proven ability to deliver projects to full completion.
• Creative, proactive, capable of acting independently.
• Capable of summarizing, presenting and explaining complex workflows and concepts in simple terms. You understand the importance of explaining, gaining consensus and approval.
• Final year Masters student preferred.
• Presentable, polite, concise, analytical, and flexible.
• Languages: English.
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
•wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
•seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
•have strong planning and organizing skills
•enjoy working in a team, respecting others
•have excellent communication skills
The Production Engineering Innovation Team is responsible for identifying and developing emerging technology for application both in global Toyota and in our local manufacturing centers in Europe. Our activity is focused on new production processes, measurement technologies, and internet of things.
In addition to improvement of physical manufacturing activities, we are also engaged in the organizational and operational improvement for all production engineering activities at early investigation stage, planning stage and implementation stage. Your project will be to investigate and visualize our business operations and resource usage in multiple divisions of the production engineering department. You will make and deliver clear maps for the current operational activities of each division and clarify cross-divisional time-based resource and skills demand. It is expected that you will identify best practices and any inefficiencies such as repetition, duplicated actions, and non-optimum resource allocation (e.g. under skilled, over skilled). It is further expected that you would participate in the conception of business operations improvement measures. As part of this action, it is expected that you will also benchmark software tools and methods for performing these kind of analyses.
Starting date: ASAP
Duration: 9-12 months
Confidentiality: Due to business requirement, not all performed projects can be reflected in the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate/school in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship.