TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
• Ideally, final year Masters student
• Experience in process chain cost analytics
• Experience in environmental impact analysis
• Experience in structured data gathering and database design
• Experience in programming for data leveraging and data visualization/display
• Proven ability to deliver projects to full completion.
• Creative, proactive, capable of acting independently.
• Capable of summarizing, presenting and explaining complex workflows and concepts in simple terms. You understand the importance of explaining, gaining consensus and approval.
• Presentable, polite, concise, analytical, and flexible.
• Languages: English, German beneficial.
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
•wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
•seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
•have strong planning and organizing skills
•enjoy working in a team, respecting others
•have excellent communication skills
The Production Engineering Innovation Team is responsible for identifying and developing emerging technology for application both in global Toyota and in our local manufacturing centers in Europe. Our activity is focused on new production processes, measurement technologies, and internet of things.
We are investigating various methods for enhancing our mid to long-term decision making, including improving structured analytics of competitor products and also establishing integrated simultaneous analytics for cost efficiency and environmental impact of current operations and future process chain concepts. Your main project would be to investigate industry practices and examples for such assessment methods and to support the testing and establishment of such systems.
Starting date: ASAP
Duration: 9-12 months
Confidentiality: Due to business requirement, not all performed projects can be reflected in the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate/school in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship.