TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
• Ideally final year Masters student
• Experience in programming for data processing, image processing and data visualization/display
• Experience in designing tests for mechatronic systems, connected systems, and smart systems.
• Experience in system troubleshooting, root cause analysis and identifying failure points in connected systems
• Proven ability to deliver projects to full completion.
• Creative, proactive, capable of acting independently.
• Capable of summarizing, presenting and explaining complex workflows and concepts in simple terms. You understand the importance of explaining, gaining consensus and approval.
• Presentable, polite, concise, analytical, and flexible.
• Languages: English, German beneficial.
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
•wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
•seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
•have strong planning and organizing skills
•enjoy working in a team, respecting others
•have excellent communication skills
The Production Engineering Innovation Team is responsible for identifying and developing emerging technology for application both in global Toyota and in our local manufacturing centers in Europe. Our activity is focused on new production processes, measurement technologies, and internet of things.
We are investigating various systems for process, equipment, and part status in terms of reliability and quality. Your main project would be to implement tests on such systems and document the performance of those systems – in order to support development and troubleshooting towards actual application. As part of this activity you will be expected to conceive, propose and develop algorithms and methods for processing data. You will also be expected to work on visualization of any extracted data (for example on mobile systems and smart devices).
Starting date: ASAP
Duration: 9-12 months
Confidentiality: Due to business requirement, not all performed projects can be reflected in the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate/school in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship.