TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
• Master student (business related……), looking for a long-term Internship to gather practical business experience.
• You can show a record of strong analytical and project management skills
• You enjoy processing and interpreting data and creating presentations to explain the evolution to stakeholders
• You are able to work independently, yet you are a team player
• You are result oriented, customer first minded and have strong communication skills
• Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint is a must, previous experience of working with Power BI or other databases is an asset
• Proficiency in English, any other European language is an asset
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
• Wish to develop and you are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
• Seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
• Have strong planning and organisation skills
• Enjoy working in a team, respecting others
• Have a creative mind
• Have excellent communication skills
Business Strategy Division manages the business planning cycle of the TME Sales Group, making the wider corporate objectives into our business plan.
It supports our executives in their management of diverse cross-functional projects and activities relating to Toyota, Lexus and After-Sales. In this role Business Strategy prepares and facilitates a number of cross-functional meetings across the year.
You will support the department in delivering on key milestones for the business planning cycle with our markets and key projects during the year
You will work within a team to support strategic business planning processes. Both short and Mid-term planning process fall within the scope of your activity. You will provide input to corporate level strategy building as well as other cross functional projects and experience these processes.
Throughout your projects, you will collaborate with various teams including Toyota Motor Europe (TME) management and cross divisional stakeholders.
• Creating long term (up to 10 years) volume plan based on deep analysis of economic, competitors and technology trend.
• Definition of mid-term product and powertrain line up and strategy by analysing the market, competition and future technology
• You are looking for continuous improvements in this key part of the business
• You will be learning how to work with many departments including Japan to actively drive problem solving through a team working approach
Duration: Ideally 9 to 12 months
Start date: ideally June/July (or later)
Confidentiality: Due to business requirement, not all performed projects can be reflected in the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate / school in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship.