TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
• You have completed or are in your last year of Master studies in business &/or marketing (or engineering)
• You have a personal strong interest in automotive business and demonstrate strong emotional intelligence to understand customer needs
• Multicultural, proactive and willing to be a team player in an international environment
• Fluent in English. Additional languages are an asset.
• Strong analytical & communication skills.
• Result driven and able to break down complex tasks into manageable assignments
• Very good knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word)
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
•wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
•seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
•have strong planning and organizing skills
•enjoy working in a team, respecting others
•have excellent communication skills
The Long Term Strategy and Concept Planning team are handling the following topics:
• Development of a Future Pan-European Product Portfolio, Vehicle Concept Planning and Powertrain Strategies
• Competitor benchmark, market research and analysis (ie. sales performance, sales strategy, mixes, pricing, communication)
• Collaboration with all relevant departments and divisions, to support the long term product planning activities.
• Development of the European Future Mobility Strategy: autonomous drive, car sharing, personal mobility, connected car services
As Concept Planning intern, you will support the team in daily activities and develop your network within key divisions (Connected car, New mobility, Product carline, R&D, Business Strategy…).
You will report to one of our team member within a team 4 people.
We will provide you access to all our internal tools to investigate:
• Market & sales data analysis
• Competitor benchmarking
• Analytical support to the teams (research, data queries)
• Identify future target customer through their needs, requirements
You will also be expected to:
• Create presentation materials for Executive report
• Request Customers specific research if relevant (with the support of our Market Intelligence Division)
You will study, summarise and make proposal based on your researches, share your opinion on future Concept and trend, taking into account future customer requirements.
Starting date: ASAP
Duration: 6-12 months
Confidentiality: Due to business requirement, not all performed projects can be reflected in the internship report. This topic needs to be discussed with candidate/school in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship.