TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
• Student of technical higher education or Bachelor / Master studies in Engineering (mechanical, electrical, automotive…), IT or Business
• Good fact finding and analysis skills in order to draw conclusions from the gathered data and information
• Good visualization skills to be able to structure operations, processes, responsibilities etc. in an easy to understand way
• Strong communication and negotiation aptitude in an assertive but diplomatic way in order to reach consensus and get buy-in
• Initiative to question the current situation and propose alternative options
• Knowledge of Visual Basic, Access, Excel. Additional IT knowledge is an asset
• Fluent in English, any additional language is an asset
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
• wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
• seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
• have strong planning and organizing skills
• enjoy working in a team, respecting others
• have excellent communication skills
For Toyota, quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for constant improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” (“continuous improvement”) and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customers satisfaction.
Customer Vehicle Quality is a vibrant and energetic team (25+ people), consisting of many nationalities from within Europe, as well as Japan. Our primary role is to resolve quality related concerns affecting the European markets. Additionally we also support markets where our European assembled vehicles are exported to, including countries within northern Africa.
1)Support our EDER (Early Detection Early Resolution) Kaizen working groups by reviewing and confirming the effectiveness of the proposed processes with internal / external customers (built-in quality mind set) and translate possible countermeasures into clear flowcharts / standards to ensure easy deployment to CQ members.
2) Review the bottlenecks in the existing Field Concern Registration (FCR) process and develop a tool (based on benchmark similar tools in other area’s e.g. Information Systems) to allow “one click” visualization.
This internship will allow you to:
1) Get to know how a multinational operates (Who does what? For what purpose?)
Learn basic Toyota Way foundation (e.g. Kaizen) and Quality principles (Jikotei Kanketsu, PDCA)
Learn Toyota problem solving methodology
2) Lead your own project (with support) and achieve completion of interface tool
Place of employment: TME Head Office in Brussels (Evere)
Starting date: to be agreed with the student –the university and TME, but ideally asap
Expected duration: min. 6 - 12 months
Confidentiality: Due to business requirement, not all performed projects can be reflected in the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate/school in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship.