TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
• You are in the last year of your master degree of science or engineering (for example chemical or civil engineering, environmental engineering/science studies).
• You are passionate, motivated and posess organisation skills, timekeeping and perseverance
• You must be fluent in both written & spoken English (fluency in one or more of the following languages would be advantageous - French, Polish, Czech, Turkish or Russian).
• You have excellent interpersonal skills and would like to experience daily work in multicultural team in one of the biggest automotive company.
• You are PC literate: MS Office, Outlook and/or SharePoint would be advantageous
• You hold a valid passport & a driving licence is desirable.
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
•wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
•seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
•have strong planning and organizing skills
•enjoy working in a team, respecting others
•have excellent communication skills
Plant & Environment Engineering is a team of environmental and Facility engineers and specialists responsible for co-ordinating and supporting Toyota environmental activities across our manufacturing plants in Europe. We drive group wide improvements in energy/water/waste efficiency and other usage of resources, as well as apply best practices to ensure legal compliance and minimize risk, in line with Company Environmental Policies and Mid-Long term Strategies.
In line with the Toyota concept of continuous improvement, each Toyota plant seeks to reduce its environmental footprint. One focus is to decrease the water usage as well as the amount of discharged wastewater, to reach future ultimate level of zero impact to the environment.
Each Toyota Manufacturing Centre uses water for many manufacturing related processes, like hot processes cooling, cleaning, washing and rinsing, material and air preparation activities, etc.), as well as for sanitary purposes. Starting from a raw water (potable/city) inlet stream and fishing in a different wastewater streams (oily water, water with die release agents, water with detergents, sanitary wastewater, etc.). Recently, some plants successfully started to use rainwater, as a source.
You will have unique opportunity to understand and learn industrial technologies and installation related with water and wastewater usage in automotive industry.
The goals of this study can be summarized as follows:
• Based on water mass balances for all Toyota plants in Europe, investigate water usage standards for specific processes, best practices and water quality requirements,
• Investigate the opportunities to reduce the water at similar processes across Toyota plants,
• Investigate new technologies which might be considered as potential process modifications or additional installations needed to improve plant water usage effectiveness.
• Develop an on-line platform to share best water usage reduction activities.
Place of employment
Toyota Technical Centre, Zaventem (with possible European travel)
Starting date: ASAP
Duration: 6-12 month
Confidentiality: Due to business requirement, not all performed projects can be reflected in the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate/school in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship.