TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
We offer a dynamic and challenging multicultural work environment, being part of a motivated team in which competence and quality play an important role.
Enhancing personal growth and a real opportunity to invest in your future through on the job development and training.
Where your effort, dedication and initiative are rewarded by a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package (bonus scheme / extra-legal benefits (group insurance including a pension plan and risk benefits) / flexible working hours).
• Student in final year of Business Management, Economics or similar, with a strong interest in emerging consumer technologies (cloud, intelligent assistant, big data).
• A self-starter with proven project management skills. Someone who can take responsibility for a project from start to finish and who can meet strict deadlines
• Good time-management, organization and prioritisation skills
• You are open minded and willing to work in a very international environment with people of many different cultures and backgrounds..
• You are good in handling MS Office tools with a good analytical mindset.
• You are at least fluent in English, every extra European language is a clear asset.
• Occasional travel might occur.
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
• wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
• seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
• have strong planning and organizing skills
• enjoy working in a team, respecting others
• have excellent communication skills
Toyota Mobility and Connected Car division has a clear focus on the Car of Tomorrow.
The Connected Car (CC) team is leading the current implementation of Connected Services as well as looking at the future trends in the area of Connected Services.
Therefor CC team is looking for a motivated student to have a first real work-level experience in the domain of Connectivity and Automotive.
The focus of this internship will be on the needed steps to get market trends planned for and marketed to become actual commercialised.
You will work in the team of Connected Services Strategic Planning which is responsible for defining the future strategy for delivering connected services to customers related to their cars via omni channel (in car, portal, phone).
The internship will allow to actively learn the planning and alignment process between the many involved divisions within Europe and Japan. It will also allow to get a better feeling on defining business drivers and making business plans.
The function description of this Internship will demand from you :
- To analyse and breakdown market trends
- Visualise trends in order to understand patterns
- Create accurate and clear reports with clear recommendations
- Be firm in your discussions with colleagues and other stakeholders
A sense of ownership and pragmatism with deliveries with tight deadlines.
Place of employment: TME Head Office in Brussels (Evere)
Starting date: to be agreed with the student –the university and TME – but ideally asap
Expected duration: min. 6 - 9 months
Confidentiality: Due to business requirement, not all performed projects can be reflected in the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate/school in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship.