TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
• Student in final year of University in Business Management / Economics
• A self-starter with proven project management skills. Someone who can take
responsibility for a project from start to finish and who can meet strict deadlines
• Good team player who enjoys working with people of many different cultures and
• Attention to detail but able to understand the bigger picture
• Good time-management, organization and prioritisation skills
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• High competency in Microsoft Office (especially Excel and Powerpoint)
• Fluent in English, any additional language is an asset
• Knowledge of the automotive retail industry a plus
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
• wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
• seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
• have strong planning and organizing skills
• enjoy working in a team, respecting others
• have excellent communication skills
BPO (Business Planning Office) manages the business planning cycle of the TME Sales Group guided by the wider corporate objectives.
It supports the EVP (European Vice president) of Sales in his management of diverse cross-functional projects and activities relating to Toyota, Lexus and After-Sales. In this role BPO prepares and facilitates a number of cross-functional meetings across the year.
This internship project will be mainly focused in supporting BPO to deliver on key milestones for the business planning cycle with the NMSC (National Marketing & Sales Cies.) and supporting the communication of company directions to internal and external audiences.
Therefore you will:
• Support the management of the NMSC 3 Year Business Plan process
• Be one of key contact points for the NMSC in preparation for the 3 YBP
• Prepare Top Management presentations from storyline to final speech
• Support event planning management
Place of employment: TME Head Office in Brussels (Evere)
Starting date: to be agreed with the student –the university and TME , but ideally by September 2018
Expected duration: min. 6 - 12 months
Confidentiality: Due to business requirement, not all performed projects can be reflected in the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate/school in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship.