TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
Currently Master student in Purchasing or Business Management
• Interested in systems and IT applications
• Analytical, problem solving and persevering
• Accurate with numbers and project follow up
• Flexible and proactive
• Open personality and strong communicator
• Focused on targets and highly determined to deliver results
• Mature personality able to liaise with all levels of the company
• Enthusiastic person
• Computer skills: Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office and strong Excel skills
• Fluent in English, any other European language is a plus
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
• Wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
• Seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
• Have strong planning and organizing skills
• Are a flexible team player with a natural positive attitude and the desire to work respectfully with people with a hands on mentality.
• Have a customer first mindset
Purchasing Business Planning and Systems is a central team in Purchasing with diverse responsibilities. Main responsibility areas are:
• Lead process improvement & system development activities in Purchasing
• Lead CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) activities
• Coordination of Risk Management activities
• Lead audit activities within Purchasing
• Organize ABM (Annual Business Meeting) with the attendance of Supplier and Toyota executives
• You will participate in the “Next Generation Purchasing” project, a two year project (2017-2018) where Toyota globally reviews the purchasing processes and its interactions with other functions (design, planning, accounting,…) in order translate their needs into an operational IT platform.
• You will be part of the team who is visualising processes; operations and proposals.
• You will be involved in the global reviews in order to follow European topics and the impact of other regions requests.
Starting date: ASAP
Duration: 12 months
Confidentiality: Due to business requirement, not all performed projects can be reflected in the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate/school in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship.