TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
• You have a Bachelor with Logistics / Supply Chain / Economics or Business Management background
• You have affinity with automotive and are passionate about quality
• You are very highly numeric, with strong logical and analytical skills (Excel & Access).
• As a self-starter you demonstrate pro-activeness and ownership in projects
• You have the ability to develop creative ways for operational and cost improvement and generate new ideas with deep analysis
• You are a pragmatic problem solver, result driven
• You are Fluent in English, any other European language is an asset
• You have a driving license valid for Europe
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
• wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
• seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
• have strong planning and organizing skills
• enjoy working in a team, respecting others
• have excellent communication skills
Team/division description :
The Production Parts Logistics Division is responsible for monthly logistics network planning, high quality, safe operations, monthly network design in Just In time
Job scope is collection of 600+ European suppliers parts and deliver to each of the 4 Vehicle Plants (in UK, France, Czech & Turkey), 3 Unit Plants (UK and Poland) and
Other Regions (Japan, South Africa, Russia, etc) considering best supply chain solutions.
Toyota Production System (TPS) considers Logistics as the core of the supply chain to achieve Just-In-Time. The division is split into different Regional Teams for Logistics (UK, Turkey, West and Mid Europe) and Export.
Identifying and implementing ways to kaizen our supply chain focused on Quality, Cost or Delivery Improvement.
This will allow you to:
• Acquire a deep understanding of Just-in-Time (JIT).
• Define strategies to achieve Toyota main Logistics Pillars, Even Pitch, minimum lead time, max efficiency and flexibility.
• Consense the improvement ideas with the key stakeholders.
• Implement the kaizen and confirm the achievement of target.
To achieve this will need to:
• Learn and professionally use Toyota Logistics Planning system
• Learn and fully understand Toyota’s Logistics network and specific operation standards to ensure application through the logistics network you are responsible for.
Place of employment: Toyota Motor Europe, HO Brussels, Belgium
Starting date: to be agreed with the student – university and Toyota
Duration: 12 months
Confidentiality: Due to business requirement, not all performed projects can be reflected in the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate/school in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship