TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
• Working towards a master university degree, in Logistics / Supply Chain or Engineering
• You have affinity with automotive and are passionate about quality
• You are highly numeric, with strong logical and analytical skills (Excel & Access).
• You have the ability to develop creative ways for operational improvement
• Ability to manage operational issues
• You enjoy a multicultural and international environment
• You are pro-active and willing to be a team player in an international team
• You are stress resistant with a hands-on mentality
• You are a pragmatic problem solver, result driven
• You are Fluent in English, any other European language is an asset
• You have a driving license
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
• wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
• seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
• have strong planning and organizing skills
• enjoy working in a team in a very multicultural environment, respecting others
• have excellent communication skills
Team/division description :
Vehicle Logistics (VLG) is responsible for the multi modal transportation of Toyota and Lexus vehicles from our Overseas and Local Plants to ports of export, inland
compounds and / or retailers in Europe.
For those European markets where we assume responsibility until retailer delivery, our vehicles are customised (Post Production Option installations) and quality
checked (Pre Delivery Inspection) in our hubs, all strategically located within Europe.
Through the fundamentals of Safety and Quality, VLG’s core mission is to achieve on-time and shortest possible delivery lead time to Toyota retailers in Europe. This
critical activity involves system anhancements, daily reporting and countermeasure implementation (transportation and hub workload management), from vehicle line-
off to retailer delivery through Toyota Production Systems principles.
Your project :
To support the above, our team is responsible for:
1) Daily KPI maintenance and reporting:
°Daily record, follow up and reporting of on-time vehicle delivery status hub to hub, at each supply chain milestone (from vehicle line off to ATA retailer).
°Understand and document existing standards. Support detailed user requirement and user Acceptance test design for Hub planning System implementation, reinforcing Toyota’s fundamental JIT (just in time) principle.
°Identify transport network kaizen opportunities towards best quality and best delivery.
°Identify improvement opportunities to tackle causes of delay.
°Identify improvement opportunities towards KPI and reporting effectiveness.
Place of employment: Toyota Motor Europe, HO Brussels, Belgium
Starting date: to be agreed with the student – university and Toyota
Duration: min. 6 months (preferably 12 months)
Confidentiality: Due to business requirement, not all performed projects can be reflected in the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate/school in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship.