TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
We offer a dynamic and challenging multicultural work environment, being part of a
motivated HR team in which competence and quality play an important role.
Enhancing personal growth and a real opportunity to invest in your future through on the job
development and training.
Where your effort, dedication and initiative are rewarded by a competitive and comprehensive
compensation and benefits package (bonus scheme / extra-legal benefits (group insurance
including a pension plan and risk benefits) / flexible working hours).
• Master student in final year of Logistics / Supply Chain
• You have affinity with automotive and are passionate about quality
• You are very highly numeric, with strong logical and analytical skills (Excel & Access)
• You have the ability to develop creative ways for operational and cost improvement and generate new ideas with deep analysis
• As a self-starter you demonstrate proactiveness and ownership in projects
• Multitasker, respecting deadlines and stress resistant
• Strong Excel & Access Skills
• You are a pragmatic problem solver, result driven
• Dynamic team player with strong communication skills.
• Fluent in English, any other language will be considered as an asset.
• Valid driving license is an asset
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
The Production Parts Logistics Division is responsible for the Just-In-Time transportation of parts from 600+ European suppliers to each of the 4 Vehicle Plants (in UK, France, Czech & Turkey), 3 Unit Plants (UK and Poland) and Other Regions (Japan, South Africa, Russia, etc). Following the Toyota Production System (TPS), Logistics is considered as the core of the supply chain to achieve Just-In-Time.
The division is split into different Regional Teams for Logistics (UK, Turkey, West and Mid Europe) and Export.
The total Logistics Budget is in excess of €120m and manages >60,000m³ / Day. The Export Team are responsible for more than €300m per annum of Parts Supply, managing the Supply Chain from Parts Ordering to Arrival at the Customer Plant.
As part of our team, we are looking for two interns who will be tasked with identifying and implementing ways to make some ‘kaizen’ in part of our supply chain focused on either Quality, Cost or Delivery Improvement.
To achieve this you will need to:
• Learn and fully understand Toyota’s Logistics Network.
• Acquire a deep understanding of Just-in-Time (JIT).
• Define strategies to achieve best Logistics Efficiency on the overall Supply Chain.
• Consense the improvement ideas with the key stakeholders.
• Implement the kaizen and confirm the achievement of target.
Place of internship: Toyota Motor Europe head office (Brussels)
Starting date: to be agreed between the intern – university and TME
Duration: min. 9 months – preferably 12 months
Confidentiality: due to business requirements, not all aspects of the task can be reflected in the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship. Interested? Please apply online via www.toyota-europe.com/jobs