TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
• Bachelor or Master student in International Business / Strategic Business Mgt. / CSR or similar
• Relevant experience in projects related to European Governmental Affairs is an asset
• Interest in automotive industry
• Mature personality able to liaise with all levels of the company in an international environment
• Diplomatic mindset and high ethical standards
• Strong communication skills and experience in making presentations
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office, especially Excel.
• Fluent in English, any other European language is a plus.
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
• wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
• seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
• have strong planning and organizing skills
• are a flexible team player with a natural positive attitude and the desire to work respectfully with people with a hands on mentality.
• have a customer first mindset.
The European & Government Affairs (EGA) division is responsible for representing the company and its interests by engaging with the European institutions, NGO’s, Trade Associations and Think Tanks, on subject matters relevant to the automotive industry.
EGA seeks to positively contribute to the EU’s policy and regulatory process and national political developments.
Support internal activities:
• Monitor, analyse and report the European agenda of European Commission meetings.
• Coordinate meetings with members of European parliament for EGA team.
• Arrange (invitation, coordinate presentations, logistics) and support for internal Public Affairs meetings.
• Monitor, collect input, report and distribute monthly TME EGA report (issue tracker, weekly agenda).
• Monitor, fact-find, analyse and report on political events in the EU and other TME affected territories (such as elections, conflicts, crisis, embargos and sanctions) potentially affecting Toyota business, or the automotive sector in general.
• Monitor, fact-find, analyse and lead GA work on Mobility as a Service (MaaS) including car-sharing.
• Support the team on specific (cross-topic) information collection and analysis.
Place of internship: Toyota Motor Europe head office (Brussels)
Starting date: to be agreed between the intern – university and TME
Duration: min. 6 months – preferably 12 months
Confidentiality: due to business requirements, not all aspects of the task can be reflected in the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate in advance.